Monday, August 29, 2011

Fish Eyes

PreNote: It's funny how I put that as the title when the original song stuck in my head that inspired the poem was Something in the Way and at the end it says, "It's okay to eat fish cos they don't have any feelings." I wasn't even trying to do that. Great, though. Just one more thing to associate with you. AKML BRO

You're like a song
the way you're stuck in my head
I'm frustrated
I can't get you out
You won't go away
It's like you're on repeat
With the way you keep playing
Over and over

First softly, barely there
Then, slowly, you being to blare
You fill my ears
You're all I hear
Echoing through my body
Seeping,
Into every crevice

I can't get you out
I just..
I can't

Maybe if I let the words escape,
If I speak your name,
Maybe then you'll leave...
I know it's a lie,
An excuse
And when I give in?
You only leave for a moment

Rushing, galloping, storming
You come back in
With an intensity,
Such an intensity..
No human heart can bear
No less, mine

I HATE you
Why?
Why won't you just leave?

Please,
I beg and plead
Just please go away
Get out of my head

And my heart..

I know I miss you,
I know I love you
No need to remind me
Just go,
Sigh
Go away

No comments:

Post a Comment