Saturday, December 24, 2011

Re:

"No I don’t take it personally, whatever you think whatever you feel I know is your problem and not my problem. It is the way you see the world. It is nothing personal because you are dealing with yourself, not me. Others are going to have their own opinion according to their belief system, so nothing they think about me is really about me, but it is about them. 

You may even tell me “Miguel, what you are saying is hurting me,” but it is not what I am saying that is hurting you, it is that you have wounds that I touch by what I have said. You have hurt yourself. There is no way I can take this personally. Not because I don’t believe in you, or don’t trust you, but because I know you see the world with different eyes, with your eyes. You create an entire picture of movie in your mind, and in that picture you are the director, you are the producer and you are the main actor or actress. Everyone else is a secondary act or actress. IT is your movie.

The way you see that movie is according to the agreements you have made with life. Your point of view is something personal to you. It is no one’s truth but yours. Then if you get mad at me I know you are dealing with yourself. I am the excuse for you to get mad. And you get mad because you are afraid because you are dealing with fear. If you are not afraid there is no way you will get mad at me. If you are not afraid there is no way you can get jealous or sad."

Ahh, I love this book. Makes life easier on me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment