Friday, February 17, 2012

Fishy Misses Yew

I always find it interesting to see an atheist make fun of religion. A lot of the time it makes me laugh. I really love All Over but the Shoutin'. He kind of has the same stand point as me on religion, except I'm not as longing to feel what others feel. Yet, I'll always have that faith buried in me.

"I guess it is what you do if you grow up with warnings of damnation ringing from every church door and radio station and family reunion, in a place where total strangers will walk up to you at the Piggly Wiggly and ask if you are Saved. Even if you deny that faith, rebuke it, you still carry it around with you like some half-forgotten Indian head penny you keep in your pocket for luck. I wonder sometimes if I will be the same, if when I see my life coming to an end I will drop to my knees and search my soul for old sins and my memory for forgotten  prayers. I reckon so."

People will be ignorant, and it is ignorant of you to let that affect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment