Thursday, July 19, 2012

I Had a Dream of Chaos

And it ended with you holding my hand. Those soft girly hands, that I've touched but never held. My subconscious remembered the way you felt, as you scooped up my hands from behind and then aligned our fingers. Perfect like.

Not helping forget you. Just saying.


The Solitary- Sara Teasdale

Let them think I love them more than I do,
     Let them think I care, though I go alone,
If it lifts their pride, what is it to me
     Who am self-complete as a flower or a stone?

It is one to me that they come or go
     If I have myself and the drive of my will,
And strength to climb on a summer night
     And watch the stars swarm over the hill.

My heart has grown rich with the passing of years,
     I have less need now than when I was young
To share myself with every comer,
     Or shape my thoughts into words with my tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment